On this page you will find our Terms and Conditions for Sabras Radio and this website www.sabrasradio.com.¬†
Specific competitions, promotions or offers may contain additional Terms and Conditions - if this is the case, these will be published on this website on the same page as the competition details.
Texting the Studio
Text messaging services for Sabras Radio are managed by Sabras Sound. The shortcode number 60060 is available for listeners to contact the station. Any message sent to the station on this number will be charged your standard network SMS rate. ¬†
Although we will endeavour to read and action all requests sent via text, at times this may not be possible simply due to the amount of messages that we receive to the station. You have the option to call the Presenter on 0845 900 1260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Occasionally Sabras Radio may run a competition or campaign where bounceback messages are charged. In such an event it will be clearly stated on air as to the charge and this will be confirmed in the bounceback message.
If entering a competition on the station via text you must ensure that you have followed the competition entry method exactly as described. Sabras Radio accepts no responsibility and cannot guarantee competition entry if you have not addressed your message to the correct number or with an incorrect "keyword" or message format. If it is stated that you must start your message with a specific word then this must be the first word in your message to guarantee competition entry (i.e. if you are told to text RADIO followed by your answer then your message must start RADIO. For the avoidance of doubt if you do send a message saying "My answer is XYZ for the RADIO competition" it will automatically be deemed as void).
If you text after the announced competition closing time then your message may not be included into the competition but it will still be charged. Sabras Radio reserves the right to eliminate any entries received after the closing date/time.
By entering a competition by text you agree to the station contacting you via telephone to the number the message was submitted from for the purposes of prize administration and/or on air participation.
Sabras Radio cannot control the length of time a message may take to arrive at the station and therefore for the avoidance of any doubt Sabras Radio will always work from the time that a message is logged as arriving in our system regardless of when it may have been sent. To avoid confusion or disappointment it is advised to send any competition entries as early into the competition entry period as possible.
Entry to any competition via text message is subject to the Standard Competition Rules, adherence to the published terms and conditions and any competition specific rules that may apply. Both of these can be found in writing by contacting the station reception directly in writing or by telephone.
Sabras Radio will store your message and mobile number within our inbox delivery system in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes nor sold or passed onto third parties.
Any abusive, offensive or threatening messages sent to Sabras Radio will result in the sender‚Äôs number being blocked from the Sabras Radio mobile systems. Dependent on the content of these messages, they may also be handed to the Police and/or Mobile Network.
Sabras Radio does not run subscription services and does not send unsolicited messages. We will only send a message to you if you have sent us a message originally.
Sabras Radio accepts no responsibility for the content of messages sent to the station and any subsequent broadcast of this information. All messages are taken in good faith from the sender and any incorrect information remains at the sender‚Äôs liability.
Any text or media items submitted to the station via text or media message must be of factual correctness and not breach any laws or copyrights, by submitting any item you agree and are bound by the fact that you confirm the validity of the information and/or the rights to use the media items whether it be photographic, visual or audible.
By sending any text messages to the station either as part of a competition entry or just as a general communication you agree to be governed by these terms and conditions.
Sabras Radio may require on request, proof of identity as to the rightful ownership of the text number by which a competition winner is sourced.
Sabras Radio reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any updates will be displayed here on the website.
Any complaints or queries regarding text messaging should be directed to 0116 261 0666.¬†¬†
- These rules apply for all competitions unless otherwise stated on air contestants can enter each competition on Sabras Radio only once.
- Unless otherwise stated on air all contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- Unless otherwise stated on air only one prize per competition is allocated.
- Unless otherwise stated on air all contestants chosen are those who have called the station at the advertised time and are chosen at random by the presenter/producer in line with the advertised promotion of the competition.
- The competition will run until the competition has been completed or has run its course. Both will be mentioned on air. Sabras Radio reserves the right not to give away any prize if no winner is found.
- Unless otherwise stated on air, there is only one prize per competition and all prizes are offered in good faith. It is recognised that at times genuine mistakes can occur. If a mistake has occurred, then the management, in its sole discretion can either award the prize to the person(s) who in their view was the original winner of the competition or alternately ask the contestants to play again on a 'head to head' basis. When instances like this occur, Sabras Radio will provide the runner up with a prize value not exceeding 25% of the value of the advertised prize.
- Prizes offered by Sabras Radio are in most cases provided to the company by a third party or sponsor. At the end of the competition the liability passes from Sabras Radio to the sponsor for the deliverance of the prize offered. If the sponsor or third party thereafter cannot deliver the product or prize due to liquidation or similar, Sabras Radio IS NOT liable for its provision.
- Employees and relatives of Sabras Radio or any of the co-sponsors of the competition are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Sabras Radio reserve the right to alter or amend these rules at any time and to suspend the competition or cancel the competition at any time.
- Unless otherwise stated on air the only telephone number to use for competitions is 0845 900 1260.
- Sabras Radio cannot be held responsible for any loss that may be incurred by listeners attempting to enter competitions.
- Failure to gain access to competitions due to technical difficulties engaged phone lines or for any other reason is not the responsibility of Sabras Radio.
- Unless otherwise stated on air there is no cash alternative to the advertised prizes and any prize is strictly non-transferable.
- By entering competitions all contestants agree to be used in publicity, on air promotion and by any means deemed fit for the promotion of the station.
- Copyright in the on-air broadcast and any photographs or images or audio of winners remains the property of Sabras Radio throughout the world.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions. The Programme Director's decision is final.
- If the rules to competitions have been broken or the answer has been revealed to contestants by any third party, the prize may be withdrawn.
- No person or members of their immediate family who has won a competition which has a deemed value in excess of ¬£1,000 is permitted to enter another 'major' station promotion for a period of six months.
- Any contestant entering competitions on Sabras Radio giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers and details of previously won prizes.
- Prizes must be claimed within 3 months from date of winning.
- We endeavour to send out all prizes within 28 days of the win. This is subject to change at our discretion.
- Where a holiday is offered as the main prize in a competition, the prize will be clearly offered on air as a prize for two adults or for two adults and up to a maximum of two children (for the avoidance of doubt 'children' would be a person or persons under the age of twelve years).
- Travel prizes are not usually transferable and therefore all entrants to station holiday and travel competitions are solely responsible for ensuring they are able to comply fully with disclosure laws, passport validity and any other specified regulatory criteria required for the destination. For example some countries including the USA will require visitors to submit full personal details of health and any criminal record for verification some time in advance of departure. Any competition winners who are subsequently banned from travelling or unable to provide the required detail as advised by the travel company within the specified time, will not be allowed to travel and therefore will forfeit the prize.
- Sabras Radio reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any updates will be displayed here on the website.